Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Depot Client Artist Profile

During this stage of the design process, retrieving important information about my chosen artist, Catharine Newell, for the Northern Pacific Railroad Depot in downtown Pullman, was somewhat difficult. The main way that I got my resources were from a personal interview that I had with her over the phone that greatly helped me with being able to design a residential space, a studio and a gallery that would be suited just for her. The images selected on my posters were the chosen works of Newell's that I thought portrayed her art philosophy the most obviously. This part of the process was successful because the information that I retrieved is going to help me throughout the whole design process. A part that I am sort of fuzzy on going to be the use of materials in all of the spaces. Because most of her work is neutral and black and white, that leaves for a wide variety of color that can be placed throughout the depot. But overall, talking with Catharine was the most helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment