Thursday, December 15, 2011

Seattle Field Trip


I had an amazing time on the Seattle trip with this years design students. Being able to see different firms and job shadowing Melinda SeChrist at SeChrist design was an experience I will never forget. Job shadowing was hands down the most fun part of our time in Seattle. I got to experience the process of the steps in an actual project. SeChrist design specializes in hospitality, so I got to see a designer choose certain fabric materials that would be placed in a nursing home. Also, I got in on the idea of which wood to choose for a project that involved 3 different apartments. Even though hospitality isn't the field I want to pursue, it opened my eyes to the reality of design and how important it really is. I would love to go back and visit the places that we did. I had the greatest time!

No comments:

Post a Comment