Thursday, December 15, 2011

Habitat for Humanity

Being a part of the construction crew half a day at this cite for habitat for humanity was an unforgettable experience that I would love to do again! My job throughout the day was blocking, which consists of the sawing of boards that were placed and nailed in between the wall boards to have a place to nail things into when the walls were put up. It was more difficult than I thought it would be, but the product was worth it and I had a fun time sawing the wood pieces. I never have seen this beginning process of a house being built, so it was interesting to see all of the cables and foundation of the house coming together. The lunch that was provided was also great! I had an overall great time and I'm happy we got the opportunity to be involved in this experience. 

Photo of the first hard working group!

No comments:

Post a Comment